Yorkton Business Improvement District is very proud and excited to host and coordinate the 24th Annual Yorkton Santa Claus Parade! Because of COVID, and with the aim of continuing to provide this seasonal event, we are reformatting the event as a REVERSE parade, where the floats are stationary, and the spectators drive through!
We are inviting all Yorkton Businesses as well as Yorkton's many Community Service, Charitable Not-For-Profits, Sports Teams or School Groups to put in a decorated float, a car, a trailer, or even a well lit and seasonally festive sign for the viewing pleasure of all Yorkton Families that choose to drive through and participate in the celebration!
- All Floats MUST be mobile as before (no static or ground staged representations or presentations can be accepted).
- Due to COVID public heath concerns, we can only allow a maximum of 6 onsite float personnel per float.
- All float participants must wear Personal Masks during the event, must practice safe social distancing rules as prescribed by the Province of Saskatchewan, Department of Public Health on THE DAY OF the reverse parade.
- NOTE: If your float or trailer size is NOT large enough to safely facilitate the maximum allowed onsite float personnel with appropriate safe distancing, please restrict your number of float personnel accordingly.
- Due to COVID public health concerns, we ask that each float group stay with their group and not mingle with other float groups.
This will still be a fantastic community event and we are expecting as many (or more) spectator participants as seen in past years. Along with the format change - there will be a few OTHER community initiatives wrapped into the event, which includes:
- 500 Goody bags to be distributed to the first 500 spectator vehicles.
- An on-site option to donate to a local charity that serves our community need.
- All goody bags will be provided and donations will be recieved while vehicles are waiting to be fed into the parade grounds.
To enter your organization into the parade float portion of the event, please download and fill out the registration form by clicking the link below!
NOTE: if using as eForm please SAVE the completed form to your local computer before submitting, otherwise your form information will be lost!
Also, if the Volunteer registering is a minor, under 19 years of age - we will require a MANUAL guardian or parental endorsement on the form. eSignatures on guardian or parental consent for a minor will not be accepted.
For further information regarding volunteering or participating in the event in other ways please use the contact information listed on the application forms linked above!